San Diego Natural History Museum
Founded in 1874, the San Diego Natural History Museum is the oldest scientific institution in Southern California, focusing on the flora, fauna, and mineralogy of the region from Point Conception south of Santa Barbara to Cabo San Lucas at the southernmost tip of Baja California.
The museum offers interactive exhibits, giant-screen films, galleries, a gift shop and more. The museum also leads free Canyoneers Guided Nature Hikes, educational lectures and programs, and overnight expeditions for both families and adults. Click here for admission information.
Join the San Diego Natural History Museum now and visit all year long—for free! It's a wonderful way to spend time with your family or entertain out-of-town guests. Plus, a membership pays for itself in just a couple of visits!
Benefits of Membership
• Unlimited free General Admission to the Museum
• Unlimited free entry to the giant-screen theater
• Invitations to members’ exhibition openings
• Complimentary subscription to Natural History magazine
• 10% discount at the Museum Store
• 10% discount at the Dinosaur Café
• E-updates through Your Nature Connection
• Members-only classes
• Discounts on field trips, lectures, expeditions, and classes
Click here for more membership information.