Wild Wednesdays @
8101 Commercial Street in La Mesa, CA
Wed, Feb 2 TrailBlaze Challenge Info Session. 6:00 Meet, Eat n' Drink, 6:30-7:30 Presentation & Q&A. Food Truck On site!
Helix Brewing and A16 are teaming up to host this info session for you to learn more about participating in this meaningful challenge that will take place this coming May & June. This will be the 6th year of the highly successful Trailblaze Challenge in San Diego. The one-day endurance event and extended training program gives participants the opportunity to hike 28-miles along the terrain of the Pacific Crest Trail all while raising necessary funds to support Make-A-Wish San Diego and wish granting for children with critical illnesses.INFO SESSIONSWed, Feb 2 at Helix Brewing Co. 8101 Commercial St, La Mesa, CA6:00 Meet & Drink; 6:30 - 7:15 PresentationFood Truck on SiteAt this info session, attendees will have the chance to learn about:
- The training program which includes optional weekly training hikes and an extensive library of local trail maps and notes.
- The Training Clinics leading up to the challenge - topics include hiking shoes, socks and other trail essentials like hydration, nutrition, and cross training
- The level of support and coaching you'll receive from experienced Hike Leaders and Make-A-Wish staff
- What to expect during Hike Weekend and the 28 mile hike day
- Detailed information on the fundraising requirements, Make-A-Wish mission and support provided to each participant.To learn more about the Challenge visit WWW.TRAILBLAZECHALLENGESD.ORG
PLANNING TO CLIMB OR HIKE MT WHITNEY?
Then don't miss this timely opportunity to meet and hear expert & accomplished Mountain Guide Kurt Wedberg. He'll teach you what you must know to have a chance at safely summiting, and more importantly getting back down the mountain.
Wed, Feb 9. 6:00 Meet, Eat n' Drink; 6:30-7:30 Presentation & Q&A Food Truck On site!